I had someone ask me the other day: “What do I need to write a blog for?” So, of course, I couldn’t let that go unanswered. My 30-second elevator pitch boiled down to the below key items:
- A blog allows you to show that you are an expert in your field. You are seen as a thought leader.
- Regular blogging creates a larger digital footprint, improving your Google search results.
- A blog allows you to respond to situations in real time. You don’t have to wait to send a press release or some other type of communication. And you can have two-way communication with another person through a blog and its comments feature.
- Blogs are a very cost effective marketing tool.
- Statistics show that companies that blog get 55% more web traffic.
So I turned the question around and asked this person: “Why aren’t you blogging?”